Cupping therapy operates on 6 main purposes :
PURIFYING ACTION :
- Cleans the blood of elements whose accumulation is toxic, such as dead or damaged cells.
- Eliminates excess substances ( creatinine, sugar, cholesterol, uric acid...).
STIMULATING ACTION :
- Increases the rate of white blood cells.
- Stimulates the veno-lymphatic and blood circulation.
NEUROLOGICAL ACTION :
- Stimulates the adhering skin nerves, the ganglion chains and allows a regulation of the activity of the targeted organs.
REGULATORY ACTION :
- Restores and normalizes platelet, iron and hemoglobin level.
ANALGESIC ACTION :
- Allows the secretion of endorphin.
- Has a local anti-inflammatory action.
HORMONAL ACTION :
- Helps regulate hormones by stimulating the endocrine glands.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CUPPING :
FIRE CUPPING :
Fire Cupping works to alleviate pain and tightness, improve range of motion and aids in detoxification. Glass cups and a flame are used to create suction on the skin.
By creating more space between muscle and bone, the range of motion is improved and pain is reduced. Old stagnant blood is flushed out of the tissue and fresh new blood infuses the area to promote faster recovery and healing.
Fire Cupping is used primarily for detoxification, muscular tightness, circulatory dysfunction, and treatment of respiratory symptoms.
FLASH CUPPING :
This form of cupping is most often used for upper respiratory conditions.
This is a medium to strong cupping method with very short applications, Flash Cupping is used to raise the immune system by moving qi and blood. This method is commonly used for treating children. The cups are applied and quickly popped off again.
MOVING CUPPING :
As implied in the name, there’s movement in this method. We apply an massage oil on your skin in selected places, put the cups over the areas to be treated and then slide them around that region of the body — most commonly the back. The cups slide easily because the salve or oil has lubricated your body. You ought to consider exploring the benefits of cupping if you seek relief from stress, pain, allergies, fatigue, flu, colds, back pain, anxiety, muscle aches, red itchy skin conditions or fever.
DRY CUPPING :
It consists of stimulating blood flow. Its main effect is circulatory. It allows the extraction of substances from the affected organ towards the surface of the skin.
WET CUPPING :
The remedy works by releasing old blood cells and toxic materials in the blood - remains of medication, nicotine, tar, and lactic and uric acid - from the body.
These toxins and red blood cells should be removed by the lymphatic system through sweat, urine and stools, but with wet cupping, we remove it directly. The cup sucks all the blood that's not functioning, that's retired.
WATER CUPPING :
Water Cupping has many benefits for water retention, dry coughs, asthma, rheumatism, localized swellings, heavy legs and pain.